WHAT OIL BEST SUITS MY HEATING NEEDS?
- Gas oil is used as home heating oil in a lot of older house burners.
- It is green in colour (dyed) and can also be referred to as 35 second oil or Marked Gas Oil. Recent legislation introduced has stated that it is illegal to sell gas oil which doesn’t confirm to the new low sulphur guild lines.
- Green diesel can be used to run generators, fridge units on trucks, farm and construction machinery as well as off road vehicles.
- It can only be used for heating systems with outdoor burners.
- Kerosene is a home heating oil which is also known as “Kero” or “paraffin”.
- It is pinkish in colour, clean burning (low sulphur content) and economical to use.
- Kero is also referred to as 28 second oil.
- It can be used indoors such as Aga cookers for e.g. Stanley Range
- Kerosene is treated with an anti-freeze agent so as to ensure it is “winter grade”.
- All year round (-18 max)